THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Deliverance Prayers - Day 22 - SEVEN STEPS FOR RETAINING DELIVERANCE


1. Put on the whole armour of God as set forth in Eph. 6:10-18. There are seven pieces of armour: a. Loins girt about with truth. b. The breastplate of righteousness. c. Feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace. d. The shield of faith. e. The helmet of salvation. f. The sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. g. Praying in the Spirit. Refuse the thoughts that demons give you and replace them with spiritual thoughts (Phil. 4:8).

2. Positive confession is faith expressed. Negative confessions characterize demonic influence and will open the door to the enemy (Mark 11:23).

3. Jesus withstood Satan's temptation by using Scripture. The Word is a mirror to the soul (James 1:22-25); it is a lamp unto the feet for guidance (Psalm 119:105); it is a cleansing agent (Eph. 5:25-26); it is a two-edged sword, laying bare the heart (Heb. 4:12); it is food for the spirit (I Pet. 2:2 and Matt. 4:4). No person can long maintain deliverance apart from the Word of God as a primary factor in his life (Psalm 1:1-3).

4. Take up your cross daily and follow Jesus (Luke 9:23). If fleshly appetites, desires and lusts are not brought to the cross, a way for demons to return will be left open (Gal. 5:19-21 and 24).

5. Develop a life of continuous praise and prayer which silences the enemy. Pray in the Spirit (in tongues) and also in the understanding (I Cor. 14:14). "Pray without ceasing" (I Thes. 5:17).

6. Maintain a life of fellowship and spiritual ministry. It is the sheep that wanders from the flock that is most endangered. Desire spiritual gifts and yield to their operation through you within the body of Christ (I Cor. 12:7-14).

7. Commit yourself totally to Christ. Determine that every thought, word and action will reflect the very nature of Christ. Faith and trust in God is the greatest weapon against the Devil's lies (Eph. 6:16).
Doing these seven things will insure that your "house" (life) is filled after having been cleansed. Do not settle for anything less (Romans 5:10)

~Bits and Pieces of the Deliverance Manual by Gene and Earline Moody

PRAYER

Lord, I am abiding in Your Word [holding fast to Your teachings and living in accordance with them]. It is my desire to be Your true disciple. I am abiding in (vitally united to) the vine. I cannot bear fruit unless I abide in You.

Lord, because You are the Vine and I am a branch living in You, I bear much (abundant) fruit. Apart from You [cut off from vital union with You] I can do nothing. Your Son Jesus said, If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you (John 15:7 amp).

When I bear (produce) much fruit, You Father, are honored and glorified. By Your grace that I have received, I will show and prove myself to be a true follower of Your Son Jesus. He has loved me, [just] as You, Father, have loved Him. I am abiding in that love.

Lord, You have assured me that if I keep Your commandments [if I continue to obey Your instructions], I will abide in Your love and live on in it, just as Your Son Jesus obeyed Your commandments and lived on in Your love. He told me these things, that Your joy and delight may be in me and that my joy and gladness may be of full measure and complete and overflowing. This is Your commandment; that we love one another [just] as You have loved us.

Father, thank You for Your Word — it is the truth that makes me free. I am born (begotten) of You, Lord, and I do not [deliberately, knowingly and habitually] practice sin. Your nature abides in me [Your principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within me]; and I cannot practice sinning because I am born (begotten) of You. I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You.

May Christ through my faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in my heart! It is my desire to be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, that I may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints [Your devoted people, the experience of that love] what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it].

I pray, in the name of Jesus, that I may know this love that surpasses knowledge — that I may be filled to the measure of all Your fullness. Now to You Who are able to do immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine, according to Your power that is at work within me, to You be glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen.

Scripture References:
John 8:31 amp 1 John 3:9 amp
John 15:4,5 amp Psalm 119:11
John 15:7-12 amp Ephesians 3:17,18 amp
John 8:32


©2011 Word Ministries, Inc.

 

No comments: