THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Deliverance Prayers - Day 2 - The Passive Mind | The Active Mind



Part of your battle in the Christian World is your daily prayers. It is desirable to establish a pattern for your daily praying. You do not need to pray exactly as we do but let the Holy Spirit show you what to pray about. It needs to be personalized for your life. These examples may help you to establish your prayers. 

Passive Mind

The passive mind does not accept completely the Word of God as Truth therefore it is always questioning and wondering. This questioning and wondering weakens the will, causing the person to be slow to obey God. This is the cause of most of the instability we see in Christians today. It causes us to be unsettled in our minds. God's purpose within is to establish and settle us (I Peter 5:6-11). If we refuse to stand against the Devil, God cannot strengthen us. 

Mental passivity includes in its descriptive words: unreasoning, inactive, unenthusiastic, unresponsive, unqualified obedience to the commands of another, lawful or unlawful. (Mark 4:24 - futile mind; Eph. 4:17-19 - seducing pastors or teachers who patronize you to get you on their side, many times opposing God's Word; Rom. 6:16 - You will become the slave of whomever you yield your mind to obey.) A person who does not successfully complete earthly duties shows mental passivity. 

Consider and read these scriptures: Jer. 12:5 (This scripture is to the prophet, Jeremiah. It is also to pastors and Christians today. If you are afraid to live for and obey God in time of peace, what will you do in time of trial and persecution?); Rom. 12:1-2 (whole body including mind is sacrifice); Eph. 4:17-32 (strip self of all old mental and spiritual attitudes and put on new.); Phil. 2:13 (God's power works in us and we will to do His Word.) 

Active Mind

The active mind studies and tests God's word, sees it work. believes it, accepts it, trusts it, and relies on it. It is continually learning more of God's will and obeying his precepts. How do you know a Christian? By watching him do what God has said in the Bible for him to do.

PRAYER - "Lord JESUS Christ, I believe you died on the cross for my sins and rose again from the dead. You redeemed me by your blood and I belong to you, and I want to live for you. I confess all my sins--known and unknown--I'm sorry for them all. I renounce them all. I forgive all others as I want you to forgive me. Forgive me now and cleanse me with your blood. I thank you for the blood of JESUS Christ which cleanses me now from all sin. And I come to you now as my deliverer. You know my special needs--the thing that binds, that torments, that defiles; that evil spirit, that unclean spirit--I claim the promise of your word, "Whosoever that calleth on the name of the Lord shall be DELIVERED." I call upon you now. In the name of the Lord JESUS Christ, deliver me and set me free. Satan, I renounce you and all your works. I loose myself from you, in the name of JESUS, and I command you to leave me right now in JESUS' name. Amen!"  ~Derek Prince



Learn more about Spiritual Warfare

No comments: