THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Friday, March 19, 2021

FIGHT TO PRAY | An Inspirational Morning Prayer

How often do you pray for God's protection? How often do you turn to the word of the Lord in search for a passage that reassures you about the protection you are offered as a believer? You see when two professional athletes are fighting one of the main rules they are told is to protect yourself at all times. And I believe that if you look closely throughout the Bible we too as believers are told to protect ourselves at all times.  Not through our own might or strength or ability but as believers we are to remain under the supernatural protection of  Jesus  Christ  because we are in a fight.

It's a fight for some of us just to pray every day. It's a fight to read the word of God daily. It's a fight to be a doer of the word and not just someone who hears the word. You and I are fighting against the many temptations of this world. We're fighting at times against our own flesh and our own bodies. And of course we are fighting against the devil. And so I would like to remind you to protect yourself at all times, not through your own strength and mind, but through the supernatural protection offered by Jesus Christ.

Do not let your guard down. Ephesians 6 verse 12 to 13 says, for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the  authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all to stand firm. There would be no need for you and I to take up the whole armor of God. If we weren't in a fight.  It's the whole armor of God that helps us to fight all the various evil entities from the kingdom of darkness.

First Timothy chapter 6 verse 12 says, Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you were made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. You see walking by faith and not by sight is also a fight for us. 

Galatians chapter 5 verse 17 says, For the desires of the flesh are against the spirit and the desires of the spirit are against the flesh. For these are opposed to each other to keep you from doing the things you want to do. The flesh and the spirit are against each other they are opposed to each other, and this is another fight we have to endure. 

So, I would like to encourage you today to remember that you are in a fight. However, you are not fighting alone, nor are you fighting from your own  strength and from your own ability. Our blessing as believers comes from the fact that God's word says to us in Deuteronomy chapter 3 verse 22, You shall not fear them for it is the Lord your God who fights for you. Our blessing as believers comes from the fact that the word of god says to us in Exodus 14:14, The Lord will fight for you and you have only to be silent. 

Now let us pray, Lord Jesus, I bless your Holy name. As I come before you seeking Your divine protection. I declare the words in psalm 55 verse 16 and 17 which says, But I call to God and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan and He hears my voice. There is no form of protection in this world that supersedes your protection king Jesus. There is no other form of safety that is better that is stronger than the blood of Jesus Christ, the precious lamb of God.

Your protection is superior Lord because you have given your Angels charge over me to keep me and to keep my family in all our ways. I declare that the power of the devil is destroyed and rendered ineffective over my life and my family. And because of the blood of Jesus Christ the devil has no power over me and he is a defeated foe. I will overcome him by the blood of Jesus Christ and through the word of my testimony.

Psalm 27 verse 1 says, The lord is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear. The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid? My faith comes from the fact that your word is true and everlasting and even if I don't know what tomorrow holds I have a refuge and a safe place in you Lord Jesus. Should I face a storm tomorrow I will hold on to your word in Psalm 20 verse 1 which says, May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble, may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. 

Should this world's affairs become chaotic and confusing I pray that you would protect my heart and my mind with your peace Lord. Father, I understand that although weapons will be formed by the devil, although attacks will be sent by the enemy, no weapon formed against me shall prosper in Jesus name. And all those who rise up against me shall fall in the name of Jesus. I thank you for such a powerful promise of protection in your word. A promise that defeats not just the attacks of the devil but his plans are defeated too.

In you king Jesus I have a fortress and I have many reasons not to be afraid or to fall for the spirit of fear. I stand and declare that my life will not be affected by fear because Jesus Christ has given me the spirit of power, love, and of a sound mind. I declare that I am divinely protected against all principalities, against all rulers of darkness, and against the enemy himself. There is a protective covering over my life and over my family all because of you King Jesus.

Lord, I take refuge in you and in your word because you overthrow the powers of wickedness. You destroyed the darkness with your precious and holy light. You are He who neither sleeps nor slumbers. You are He who sees that which is hidden and brings it to light. 

And so I trust you to keep me safe Lord, keep me safe from the schemes of the enemy. I will forever abide under your shadow and I trust that you will cover me with Your wings. I declare that I will not fear the terror by night, nor the pestilence at daytime because Jesus Christ is indeed my shield and my defense. I give you praise and honor Lord. I thank you for hearing my prayer. In the mighty and precious name of Jesus Christ I pray, amen. ~Grace for Purpose Prayers~



No comments: