THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Wednesday, September 30, 2020

THE LIGHT OF THE GOOD NEWS

2 Corinthians 4:1-6 

Since God has so generously let us in on what he is doing, we’re not about to throw up our hands and walk off the job just because we run into occasional hard times. We refuse to wear masks and play games. We don’t maneuver and manipulate behind the scenes. And we don’t twist God’s Word to suit ourselves. Rather, we keep everything we do and say out in the open, the whole truth on display, so that those who want to can see and judge for themselves in the presence of God. 

If our Message is obscure to anyone, it’s not because we’re holding back in any way. No, it’s because these other people are looking or going the wrong way and refuse to give it serious attention. All they have eyes for is the fashionable god of darkness. They think he can give them what they want, and that they won’t have to bother believing a Truth they can’t see. They’re stone-blind to the dayspring brightness of the Message that shines with Christ, who gives us the best picture of God we’ll ever get.

Remember, our Message is not about ourselves; we’re proclaiming Jesus Christ, the Master. All we are is messengers, errand runners from Jesus for you. It started when God said, “Light up the darkness!” and our lives filled up with light as we saw and understood God in the face of Christ, all bright and beautiful.

Psalm 27:1-14

Light, space, zest—that’s God! So, with him on my side I’m fearless, afraid of no one and nothing. When vandal hordes ride down ready to eat me alive, bullies and toughs fall flat on their faces. When besieged, I’m calm as a baby. When all hell breaks loose, I’m collected and cool. I’m asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I’ll contemplate his beauty; I’ll study at his feet. That’s the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, the perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic.

God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I'm headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I’m singing God-songs; I’m making music to God. Listen, God, I’m calling at the top of my lungs: “Be good to me! Answer me!” When my heart whispered, “Seek God,” my whole being replied, “I’m seeking him!”  Don’t hide from me now!  You’ve always been right there for me; don’t turn your back on me now. Don’t throw me out, don’t abandon me; you’ve always kept the door open. My father and mother walked out and left me, but God took me in.

Point me down your highway, God; direct me along a well-lighted street; show my enemies whose side you’re on. Don’t throw me to the dogs, those liars who are out to get me, filling the air with their threats. I’m sure now I’ll see God’s goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with God! Take heart. Don’t quit. I’ll say it again: Stay with God. ~The Message

JESUS ALWAYS FOR KIDS 

The richest treasure I offer you is the Light of the good news, the good news about Me. This Light is what makes the gospel such amazingly wonderful news. Because it lights up the way to Me!

When you trust Me as your Savior, I set your feet on the path that leads to heaven. Being forgiven of your sins and given a future in heaven are fantastic blessings, but I have even more to send your way. I've made My Light shine in your heart. So search for Me with all your heart. When you find Me, you'll also find great Joy in knowing that you're in My Presence.

"Knowing" is a very important word. It means to be aware of something because of what you've gone through, what you've learned, what you've discovered, or what you've seen. So knowing Me means that you are aware of Me. That you've discovered Me and felt My physical body, but the way I work in your life and in your world. The devil who rules this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, which keeps them from seeing or knowing Me. But you can know Me as you see My glorious Light shining in your life! ~Sarah Young adapted by Tama Fortner

No comments: