THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Thursday, August 1, 2013

Deliverance Prayers - Day 8 - Rejection + Bitterness = Rebellion


As a teacher, I have had many children pass by my desk. After many years and many children, I could almost tell you without fail the nature of the family they came from. Children, who have not received proper bonding with parents in a loving family relationship or who have been really rejected, will take up strange, wild, and sometimes bazaar and crazy behavior to try to make themselves feel okay.

A lot of children rebel because that is the only way to get any attention, thus training himself or herself in bad or outrageous behavior. Children learn what you and they live. They do not learn what you teach, unless what you teach is the same as what you live. With what attitude do you fix the meals, clean the house, and meet regular daily problems? With what attitude does dad go off to work? Does Dad express an attitude of gratitude to God for his work? How does he approach his job as teacher, disciplinary and leader of the family? Does dad come home and show his dissatisfaction with everything and everybody? Are his first words of peace and joy, or are they harsh, uncaring and uninterested?

If we do not give our children a sense of belonging to us and that we want them with us, we will help turn them to drugs, sex perversions, cults, occult, to tremendous and unnatural attempts to feel a sense of belonging, to get power, attention and money. Then we turn on them. If a person doesn't have a feeling of belonging, many times they will find it difficult to feel that they belong to God or that He could love them. If we or our children have been manipulated by conditional love, we will feel that God will only love us if we are perfect.

G26 agape, ag-ah'-pay; from 25; love, i.e. affection of benevolence; spec. (plur.) a love feast: - (feast of) charity, charitably, dear, love.

John 15:13 No one has greater - no one has shown greater affection - than to lay (give up) his own life for his friends. This verse shows human action motivated by agape love. It does not require you to lay down your life carelessly. It might require you to be show love, compassion and understanding in the face of rejection.

Rom. 5:8 But God shows and clearly proves His (own) love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One, died for us.

Luke 11:42 But woe to you, Pharisees! for you tithe mint and rue and every (little) herb, and disregard and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done without leaving the others undone. (Lev. 27:30; Mic. 6:8) We seem to place to much emphasis on trivial things and not enough on the most important things like love, mercy and justice.

Rom. 13:10 Love does no wrong to one's neighbor - it never hurts anybody. Therefore love meets all the requirements and is the fulfilling of the Law.

Gal. 5:22-23 But the fruit of the (Holy) Spirit, (the work which His presence within accomplishes) is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness; (Meekness, humility) gentleness, self-control (self-restraint, continence). against such things there is no law (that can bring a charge). Love mentioned here is agape. I wonder if any of us would be judged a follower of Jesus if this verse alone were applied to us. This verse will clearly show us where we stand and where and how we need to grow.

See these verses for agape love:
Mat. 24:12, Eph. 1:4, 15, Philem. 5, 7, Luke 11:42, Eph. 2:4, Heb. 6:10, John 5:42, Eph. 3:17, 19, Heb. 10:24, John 15:9, 10, 13, Eph. 4:2, 15,16, I John 2:5, 15, John 17:26, Eph. 5:2, I John 3:1, 16, 17, Rom. 5:5, 8, Eph. 6:23, I John 4:7-10, 12, 16-18, Rom. 8:35, 39, Phil. 1:9, 17, I John 5:3, Rom. 12:9, Phil. 2:1, 2, II John 3, 6, Rom. 13:10, Col. 1:4, 8, Jude 2, 21, Rom. 15:30, Col. 2:2, Rev. 2:4, I Cor. 4:21, I Thes. 1:3, I Cor. 16:24, I Thes. 3:12, II Cor. 2:4, 8, I Thes. 5:8, 13, II Cor. 5:14, II Thes. 2:10, II Cor. 6:6, II Thes. 3:5, II Cor. 8:7, 8, 24, I Tim. 1:14, II Cor. 13:11, 14, I Tim. 6:11, Gal. 5:6, 13, 22, II Tim. 1:7, 13,

Children learn about love in every day experiences. They see your attitude as you do your work, care for them and teach them. Parents give the first and most lasting pictures of love. Lack of experiencing proper and enduring love in the home will leave children with a need to search for love. This need will help make them a prey to phony love, and opens them to great suffering as they try to feel the love they have never had. These children will be prey for cults, both Christian and non-Christian. Drugs, sex, power and the occult will have an extremely strong attraction for them.

The greatest hindrance to giving and receiving love is rejection followed by bitterness and rebellion. Rejection is first experienced in the family situation. For most of us, rejection comes so early in life that we have no idea how to handle it. Rejection cuts us off from other people and from God. People usually relate to other people the way they related to their parents, especially the way they related to their father.

When we think people reject us, we have a hard time feeling close to them. If you have a hard time feeling close to God, you need to examine yourself to see if you have dealt with the rejection in your life. I feel rejection is the Devil's number - one trump card which he plays on everyone. He used it on Jesus Christ from birth to death. He will use it on you too. You will not escape. Even if you know your parents love you, he will come and pick some action of theirs and tell you lies about their love for you. Using a child's limited knowledge and understanding, he will make suggestions that if they loved you they would do what you wanted them to do. He'll suggest they love another child more than you.

Bitterness is the most common reaction to rejection. It includes such things as feeling hurt, resentment, hatred, retaliation, etc. After these have a good hold in you life, rebellion is the next step. When we get into rebellion, we do not want to be entreated, change our mind or accept love.

PRAYER - Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you now in the name of Jesus Christ to ask for your help and guidance at this time. I want to thank you for loving me enough to die for me so that I might have your life. I thank you for continuing to teach me to understand your love. I thank you for forgiving me for holding unforgiveness. against others, you and myself. I do now forgive these people .... freely from my heart, I also forgive myself in like manner. I will forgive all others as the Holy Spirit reminds me of them. I repent of using the fear of loosing my love to dominate others, to get them to do what I want them to. I repent of manipulating others. I repent of rejecting others, especially those in my family, and causing them to feel the loss of love. I repent of loving the admiration of the world and for doing crazy things to try to get love. I repent of not loving myself properly as one of your creations. I have loved myself and others in the phileo sense and not in an unselfish and Godly way. I now let go of all resentment and bitterness which I have held against people for rejecting me. I break the curse of incest, bastard and occult on me and my family line. As I go through deliverance, help me to understand how these demons have worked me in the past and how I have used them to work on others. Help me to make amends where you tell me to. Help me to understand more about your kind of love and help me see how to work this love into my life. In Jesus Christ's name I pray, Amen.
~Bits and Pieces of the DELIVERANCE MANUAL by Gene and Earline Moody


No comments: