THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Tuesday, April 27, 2021

SITTING AT THE FEET OF JESUS

LUKE 10:41

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Martha was busy doing good things – taking care of others, preparing food to serve them, and so forth. They were necessary preparations. But when she expressed her frustration to the Lord about her sister Mary, He actually rebuked her instead! He told her that Mary’s choice to fellowship with and learn from Him was the better choice, the BEST choice. 

Jesus audaciously suggests that perhaps Martha should be choosing some Mary moments! In a fast-paced world, we neglect the best things because we are busy with merely good things. Focus on choosing Mary moments in spite of your Martha world.

Sitting At the Feet of Jesus

Sitting at the feet of Jesus, Oh, what words I hear Him say! Happy place! so near, so precious! May it find me there each day; Sitting at the feet of Jesus, I would look upon the past; For His love has been so gracious, It has won my heart at last. 

Sitting at the feet of Jesus, Where can mortal be more blest? There I lay my sins and sorrows, And, when weary, find sweet rest; Sitting at the feet of Jesus, There I love to weep and pray; While I from His fullness gather Grace and comfort every day.

Bless me, O my Savior, bless me, As *I sit low at Thy feet; Oh, look down in love upon me, Let me see Thy face so sweet; Give me, Lord, the mind of Jesus, Keep me holy as He is; May I prove I’ve been with Jesus, Who is all my righteousness. 



No comments: