THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Friday, July 3, 2020

BE A PRAYING PARENT



I thank the Lord for all He is doing in you and our family even in the midst of the storms we have encountered. He will be with us, even when we can not see Him, through our highs and lows if we just press in with prayer at all times, and seek Him through them all. What a Mighty God we serve, and Oh, how He loves us with such a Love, we just can not comprehend. He gives us Glimpses of Heaven through His Holy Spirit, our comforter, and His mighty Angels when we call on them. ~MOM 

A Parents Prayer for Their Children

Father, in the name of Jesus, I affirm Your Word over my Children. I commit them to You and delight myself also in You. I thank You that You deliver them out of rebellion into right relationship with us, their parents. Father, the first commandment with a promise is to the child who obeys their parents in the Lord. You said that all will be well with them and they will live long on the earth. I affirm this promise on behalf of my children, asking You to give them an obedient spirit that they may honor (esteem and value as precious) their father and mother.

Father, forgive me for mistakes made out of my own unresolved hurts or selfishness, which may have caused my children hurt. I release the anointing that is upon Jesus to bind up and heal our parents’ and children’s broken hearts. Give us the ability to understand and forgive one another as God for Christ’s sake has forgiven us. Thank You for the Holy Spirit Who leads us into all truth and corrects erroneous perceptions about past or present situations.

Thank You for teaching us to listen to each other and giving my children an ear that hears admonition, for then they will be called wise. I affirm that I will speak excellent and princely things and the opening of my lips shall be for right things. Father, I commit to train and teach my children in the way that they are to go, and when my children are old they will not depart from sound doctrine and teaching, but will follow it all the days of their lives. In the name of Jesus, I command rebellion to be far from the heart of my children and confess that they willing and obedient, free to enjoy the reward of Your promises. Each child shall be peaceful bringing peace to others.

Father, according to Your Word we have been given the ministry of reconciliation, and I release this ministry and the word of reconciliation into this family situation. I refuse to provoke or irritate or fret my children; I will not be hard on them lest they become discouraged, feeling inferior and frustrated. I will not break their spirit, in the name of Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit. Father, I forgive my children for the wrongs they have done and stand in the gap until each child comes to their senses and escapes out of the snare of the enemy (rebellion). Thank You for watching over Your Word to perform it, turning and reconciling the heart of the rebellious child to the parents and the hearts of the parents to the child. Thank You for bringing my children back into a healthy relationship with You and with me that our lives might glorify You! Amen.

Scripture References: Psalm 55:12-14; Proverbs 8:6,7; 1 Peter 5:7; Proverbs 22:6; Psalm 37:4; Isaiah 1:19; John 14:6; Isaiah 54:13; Ephesians 6:1-3; 2 Corinthians 5:18,19; 1 John 1:9; Colossians 3:21; Isaiah 61:1; John 20:23; John 16:13; Ezekial 22:30; Proverbs 15:31; Jeremiah 1:12; Proverbs 13:1; Malachi 4:6  ~Prayers that Avail Much

No comments: