THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Thursday, May 7, 2020

THE TRIUMPH OF GRACE OVER SIN

ROMANS 6 

THE TRIUMPH OF GRACE OVER SIN

1 So what do we do, then? Do we persist in sin so that God’s kindness and grace will increase? 2 What a terrible thought! We have died to sin once and for all, as a dead man passes away from this life. So how could we live under sin’s rule a moment longer? 3 Or have you forgotten that all of us who were immersed into union with Jesus, the Anointed One, were immersed into union with his death?

Heavenly Father, thank You that Christ was not only my substitute for sin by taking the punishment that I justly deserve, but that He also died as my representative identifying so intimately with me that His death became my death and His glorious resurrection-life became my new-life in Christ.

Thank You that I am a new creation in Christ and positioned in Him through time and into eternity. I pray that the life I now live. may be lived by faith in the Son of God, Who loves me and gave Himself for me so that His life may be lived through me to Your praise and glory.

Thank you Father that Christ not only died FOR my sin so that my sins are forgiven, but that He died UNTO sin so that the old sin nature does not have power over me as I trust my life into Your hands.

Thank You for dying on the cross so that I may be forgiven of my sin. Thank You for identifying with my unrighteousness, so that I may be identified with Your righteousness. 

Thank You for identifying with my death so that I may be identified with Your life  my new life in Christ. Help me to keep all that is not of You nailed to the cross and I pray that I may live godly in Christ Jesus, to Your praise and glory.

4 Sharing in his death by our baptism means that we were co-buried and entombed with him, so that when the Father’s glory raised Christ from the dead, we were also raised with him. We have been co-resurrected with him so that we could be empowered to walk in the freshness of new life. 5 For since we are permanently grafted into him to experience a death like his, then we are permanently grafted into him to experience a resurrection like his and the new life that it imparts.

Father, how I praise and thank You that by grace through faith, I have been made a new creation in Christ and placed in eternal union with my Lord and Savior. Thank You that my old self has been buried with Christ through baptism into death, severing my slavery to sin.  

Thank You Father that I have been raised-up together with Christ from the dead, made a new creation in Him and imputed with His righteousness so that I may walk in newness of life. To You be all honor and glory.  Thank You, that we are united with Christ in the likeness of His death, and that His life has become our life through time and into eternity.

Thank You for directing our lives, every step of the way, as we follow you.  Guide us today, and direct our hearts and minds into the love of Christ and draw us into a closer intimacy with Yourself. We trust You to do in all things well and praise You for Your goodness and grace.

6 Could it be any clearer that our former identity is now and forever deprived of its power? For we were co-crucified with him to dismantle the stronghold of sin within us, so that we would not continue to live one moment longer submitted to sin’s power. 

Father, please open my understanding more and more to the wonderful truths that are contained in this astonishing verse of Scripture. Thank You that my old sin nature was crucified with Christ. Thank You that because Christ is my representative my “old Adamic self" was crucified with Him, so that I no longer need to be a slave to sin but am set free to live holy as unto the Lord.

7 Obviously, a dead person is incapable of sinning. 8 And if we were co-crucified with the Anointed One, we know that we will also share in the fullness of his life. 9 And we know that since the Anointed One has been raised from the dead to die no more, his resurrection life has vanquished death and its power over him is finished. 10 For by his sacrifice he died to sin’s power once and for all,[f] but he now lives continuously for the Father’s pleasure. 11 So let it be the same way with you! Since you are now joined with him, you must continually view yourselves as dead and unresponsive to sin’s appeal while living daily for God’s pleasure in union with Jesus, the Anointed One.

Thank You that Christ died for my sin so that I might be justified by faith in His finished work at Calvary for the forgiveness of sins and thank You that Christ also died UNTO sin so that the power of sin in my life can be broken in my life. I pray that I may reckon on this truth and discover it to be a reality in my own Christian walk.

Thank You for dying for me so that I might be identified not only with Your death but also with Your resurrection and the eternal life that it guarantees. May I live my life to Your honor and glory. 

Thank You that the power of sin has been broken in me through Christ. May this become an increasing reality to me as I keep my old man nailed to the cross so that my new life in Christ may grow in grace and in a knowledge of Him, until it is not I that live but Christ that lives in me.

Thank You that Christ Jesus identified with my sin and took the death sentence that I deserved and thank You that by faith in Him I am identified with His eternal resurrected life.

Thank You that Jesus died to pay the price for my sins for me so that I might be clothed in His righteousness. Praise God that the power of sin has been broken in my life - may I live unto God and walk in newness of life to Your praise and glory.

Thank You that You not only died for my sin but You died unto sin - so that I might be empowered to live my life in spirit and truth as I abide in Christ and He in me. I pray that I would not only hear this truth but act upon it and reckon my old sinful self to be dead to sin and my new life in Christ to be alive in God through Jesus Christ my Lord.

SIN'S REIGN IS OVER

12 Sin is a dethroned monarch; so you must no longer give it an opportunity to rule over your life, controlling how you live and compelling you to obey its desires and cravings. 13 So then, refuse to answer its call to surrender your body as a tool for wickedness. Instead, passionately answer God’s call to keep yielding your body to him as one who has now experienced resurrection life! You live now for his pleasure, ready to be used for his noble purpose.[g] 14 Remember this: sin will not conquer you, for God already has! You are not governed by law but governed by the reign of the grace of God.

Loving Father, I have read this passage many times, and I ask You to help me to see more clearly what it means to reckon myself to be dead to the power of sin and alive to You in Christ, for I want to live a victorious life in Him, to Your praise and glory.

Thank You that at salvation I was positioned in Christ and received a new life in Him. Thank You that at justification I became a new creation and a member of Christ's body. I pray my new life in Christ may grow in grace and that my faith in the truth of Your Word may be put into action - so that I not only believe Your Word but am ready and willing to act upon it moment by moment to Your praise and glory.

Thank You that Christ not only died for my sins but has died unto sin so that the power of sin no longer has power over me – Help me to make the right choice to follow you and listen to Your voice day by day.
GRACE FREES US TO SERVE GOD

15 What are we to do, then? Should we sin to our hearts’ content since there’s no law to condemn us anymore? What a terrible thought! 16 Don’t you realize that grace frees you to choose your own master? But choose carefully, for you surrender yourself to become a servant—bound to the one you choose to obey. If you choose to love sin, it will become your master, and it will own you and reward you with death. But if you choose to love and obey God, he will lead you into perfect righteousness.

17 And God is pleased with you,[h] for in the past you were servants of sin, but now your obedience is heart deep, and your life is being molded by truth through the teaching you are devoted to.[i] 18 And now you celebrate your freedom from your former master—sin. You’ve left its bondage, and now God’s perfect righteousness holds power over you as his loving servants.

Father, Thank You for saving me and for the many lives that have been saved by grace through faith in Christ. May the inflow of truth from Your word produce an outflow of godliness and grace, as we submit to the Holy Spirit - so that we may grow in grace and in a knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Thank You that I have been freed from slavery to sin and become a servant of righteousness. Help me day by day to make the righteous choices in my life that keeps self nailed to the cross so that my life my be lived in willing obedience.. as I seek to do Your will to Your praise and glory. 

19 I’ve used the familiar terms of a “servant” and a “master” to compensate for your weakness to understand. For just as you surrendered your bodies and souls to impurity and lawlessness, which only brought more lawlessness into your lives, so now surrender yourselves as servants of righteousness, which brings you deeper into true holiness. 20 For when you were bound as servants to sin, you lived your lives free from any obligation to righteousness.

Loving Father, in You is life and light and health and truth. Thank You that I am Your child and I pray that I may be a servant of righteousness, that honors You in thought, word and deed. Thank You that while I was still a sinner and entrapped in the dark kingdom of Satan, Jesus died for me and that by grace through faith in Him, I have been removed from sin's terrible enslavement, and saved into the kingdom of Your dear Son, Jesus Christ my God and Savior. Thank You that He not only died to pay the price of my sin but that He died to break the power of sin in my life and how I thank You that His grace is sufficient for every eventuality in life that I may have to face.

21 So tell me, what benefit ensued from doing those things that you’re now ashamed of? It left you with nothing but a legacy of shame and death. 22 But now, as God’s loving servants, you live in joyous freedom from the power of sin. So consider the benefits you now enjoy—you are brought deeper into the experience of true holiness that ends with eternal life! 23 For sin’s meager wages is death, but God’s lavish gift is life eternal, found in your union with our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One.

Father, thank You that Jesus died for my sin and that the power of sin was broken in my life because I died with Christ unto sin. Thank You that I am a new creation in Christ and have received His new resurrected life. I pray that in Him I may grow in grace and in a knowledge of the Lord Jesus day by day.

Father, I am a sinner and deserving of eternal death and the lake of fire, I am not worthy to set my foot in Your heavenly home, but I believe that the Lord Jesus paid the price for my sins through His death on Calvary and I accept Your free gift of salvation and eternal life IN HIM, in Jesus name I pray, AMEN.

The Passion Translation (TPT)

No comments: