THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Growing in the Knowledge of God - Day 5 - Knowledge and Wisdom We Can Receive Direct from Him is Better


God is literally telling us that the knowledge and wisdom that we can receive direct from Him is better and more valuable than all the silver, gold, and rubies of this world. In other words, the knowledge and wisdom that you can receive direct from God is better than all the material wealth that this world can offer!

God then goes one step further and states that knowledge and wisdom is better than anything else you can possibly desire in this life! Think about how radical and extreme this statement really is given the materialistic and money-hungry society we now live in.



  • “How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.” (Proverbs 16:16)
  • “There is gold and a multitude of rubies, but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.” (Proverbs 20:15)
  • “… but the excellence of knowledge is that wisdom gives life to those who have it.” (Ecclesiastes 7:12)
  • “Understanding is a wellspring of life to him who has it.” (Proverbs 16:22)
  • “Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.” (Proverbs 24:3)
  • “Wisdom strengthens the wise more than ten rulers of the city.” (Ecclesiastes 7:19)



  • Father, I ask You to give me a complete understanding of what You want to do in my life, and I ask You to make me wise with spiritual wisdom. Then the way I live will always honor and please You, and I will continually do good, kind things for others. All the while, I will learn to know You better and better.

    Jesus has been made unto me wisdom. I single-mindedly walk in that wisdom, expecting to know what to do in every situation and to be on top of every circumstance!


    I roll my works upon You [commit and trust them wholly to You: and You cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your will, and] so my plans are established and succeed. You direct my steps and make them sure. I understand and firmly grasp what Your will is, for I am not vague, thoughtless and foolish. I stand firm and mature [in spiritual growth], convinced and fully assured in everything willed by You.


    Father, You have destined and appointed me to come progressively to know Your will [to perceive, to recognize more strongly and clearly and to become better and more intimately acquainted with Your will].


    I thank You, Father, for the Holy Spirit, Who abides [permanently] in me and guides me into all the truth (the whole, full truth) and speaks whatever He hears from You and announces and declares to me the things that are to come.


    I have the mind of Christ and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart.


    So, Father, I have entered into Your blessed rest by believing (trusting in, clinging to and relying on) You.


    Hallelujah!


    In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.


    Scripture References:


    Philemon 6 James 1:5-8
    Colossians 4:12 AMP Hebrews 4:10 AMP
    John 10:27 Proverbs 16:3,9 AMP
    Acts 22:14 AMP John 3:16 AMP
    John 10:5 Ephesians 5:17 AMP
    1 John 2:20,27 AMP Proverbs 3:5,6
    Colossians 1:9,10 AMP Psalm 119:105
    John 16:13 AMP John 14:26
    1 Corinthians 1:30 Joshua 1:8
    1 Corinthians 2:16 AMP James 1:22

    ©2013 Germaine Copeland and Word Ministries, Inc.

    No comments: