THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Saturday, October 26, 2013

Growing in the Knowledge of God - Day 15 - Stay Humble When God Does Start to Release His Knowledge to You


There are only two downsides to having God start to release His knowledge to you. The first downside is that for some, the increase in their knowledge base will cause them to start to get to full of themselves.

In the verse I will list below, it says that knowledge can “puff up.” In other words, it can puff you up. Your ego starts to swell, and conceit and arrogance can start to set in. You start to think your smarter than anyone else. You start looking down on those who do not have your higher levels of knowledge. Pretty soon, you start to present a haughty, arrogant, and know-it-all attitude to others, and as a result, you start to drive people away from God rather than to Him as a result of your bad attitudes and behaviors.

Once God really starts to release His knowledge to you, you really have to keep a sharp eye on this and make sure that all of this new found knowledge does not start to go to your head. You have to stay humble and thankful for it. It becomes very easy to start looking down on others who are not getting this higher level of knowledge. You start questioning their spiritual growth and why they are not getting what you are getting.

You have to realize that every one is operating at different levels of spiritual development in this life with the Lord. Some will go farther and progress at faster rates of speed in this realm than others will. You cannot compare your level of spiritual development and how fast you are progressing with anyone else. Some people will not go as far as you might go in this realm – but others will leave you in the dust and progress to a much higher level than you ever will in this life.

You have to realize that God is working with each and every Christian at the level of spiritual development they are currently operating at with Him. Granted, some people look like they should be making more and better progress, but there may be some personal factors operating in their lives that may be slowing down their spiritual growth that you may not be aware of. This is why God is telling us in His Word that we are not to judge one another in some of these areas.

Your job is to be the best you can be in whatever God is calling you to do in this life. Put the pedal to the metal in climbing the highest mountains you can. Seek to produce as much good fruit for God as you can. But at the same time, do not ever compare your walk and your fruit in the Lord with anyone else’s. Stay humble in your walk with the Lord, and do not let all the fruit and accomplishments that you might achieve in Him go to your head and puff you up.

Here are two very interesting Scripture verses telling us that knowledge can puff you up and that all men will only “know in part” in this life. In other words – no matter how smart and intelligent you think you may be getting, you will never have all of the answers to everything in this life. This one fact alone should help keep you humble and real as you start to grow in the knowledge and wisdom of God for your life.

“We know that we all have knowledge. KNOWLEDGE PUFFS UP, but love edifies.” (1 Corinthians 8:1)

"For we KNOW IN PART and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away with … For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.” (1 Corinthians 13:9,12)
~Bible Knowledge.com

~Seeking After the Knowledge of God

PRAYER

Father, I clothe myself with humility [as the garb of a servant, so that its covering cannot possibly be stripped from me]. I renounce pride and arrogance. Father, You give grace to the humble. Therefore I humble myself under Your mighty hand, that in due time You may exalt me.

In the name of Jesus, I cast the whole of my care [all my anxieties, all my worries, all my concerns for my future, once and for all] on You, for You care for me affectionately and care about me watchfully. I expect a life of victory and awesome deeds because my actions are done on behalf of a spirit humbly submitted to Your truth and righteousness.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I refuse to be wise in my own eyes; but I choose to fear You and shun evil. This will bring health to my body and nourishment to my bones.

Father, I humble myself and submit to Your Word that speaks (exposes, sifts, analyzes, and judges) the very thoughts and purposes of my heart. I test my own actions, so that I might have appropriate self-esteem, without comparing myself to anyone else. The security of Your guidance will allow me to carry my own load with energy and confidence.

I listen carefully and hear what is being said to me. I incline my ear to wisdom and apply my heart to understanding and insight. Humility and fear of You bring wealth and honor and life.

Father, I hide Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You. As one of Your chosen people, holy and dearly loved, I clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. I bear with others and forgive whatever grievances I may have against anyone. I forgive as You forgave me. And over all these virtues I put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. I let the peace of Christ rule in my heart, and I am thankful for Your grace and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Father, may Your will be done on earth in my life as it is in heaven.

In Jesus’ name, amen.

Scripture References:
1 Peter 5:5-7 AMP Proverbs 22:4 NIV
Proverbs 3:7,8 NIV Psalm 119:11
Hebrews 4:12 AMP Colossians 3:12-15 NIV
Galatians 6:4,5 NIV Matthew 6:10 NIV
Proverbs 2:2 NIV
©2013 Germaine Copeland and Word Ministries, Inc.

No comments: