THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Deliverance Prayers - Day 33 - RESPECT, FEAR AND NERVOUSNESS


WHAT IS FEAR? - Fear: an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger, an instance of this emotion, a state marked by this emotion, anxious concern, solicitude, PROFOUND REVERENCE AND AWE ESPECIALLY TOWARD GOD, reason for alarm, danger. Do you have profound reverence and awe towards God?

FEAR, DREAD, FRIGHT, ALARM, PANIC, TERROR, TREPIDATION mean painful agitation in the presence or anticipation of danger. FEAR is the most general term and implies anxiety and usually loss of courage; DREAD usually adds the idea of intense reluctance to face or meet a person or situation and suggests aversion as well as anxiety; FRIGHT implies the shock of sudden, startling fear; ALARM suggests a sudden and intense awareness of immediate danger; PANIC implies unreasoning and over-mastering fear causing hysterical activity; TERROR implies the most extreme degree of fear; TREPIDATION adds to DREAD the implications of timidity, trembling, and hesitation.

FEARFUL, APPREHENSIVE, AFRAID   mean disturbed by fear. FEARFUL implies often a timorous or worrying temperament (the child is fearful of loud noises) APPREHENSIVE suggests a state of mind and implies a premonition of evil or danger (apprehensive that war would break out) AFRAID often suggests weakness or cowardice and regularly implies inhibition of action or utterance (afraid to speak the truth). (How about that preachers, are you afraid to preach the truth? Are you more afraid of man than of God?)

HOW ABOUT FEAR MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE? - Fear is used frequently in the Word of God. Some definitions of fear are terror, sorrow, tremble, fright, REVERENCE, dread, rage, anger, timid, afraid, pain, caution and horror.

Reverential fear means fear, fearful, dread, terrible, terror, that ought to be feared, be afraid, reverence, be feared, be had in reverence, terrible acts, terrible things, affright, make afraid and put in fear. The number of times that reverence means fear is significant.

SHOULD WE RESPECT AND/OR FEAR THE LORD? - In recent years, I have told people not to fear the Lord or to be deathly afraid of Him but to have enough respect for God that they would obey His Word. Satan causes many Christians to fear lost salvation and implies that God is a harsh God that wants to hit people with a big stick as soon as they do anything wrong. Instead of respecting God, they fear God. We need to fear the judgements of God. God is holy and righteous, and will not compromise His Word. Do you fear the judgements of God?

We should respect God's Covenant, Commandments, Ways, Statutes, and Being. Psa. 74:20 - Have respect unto the covenant. 119:6 - When I have respect unto all thy commandments. 119:15 - And have respect unto thy ways. 119:117 - And I will have respect unto thy statutes continually. Isa. 17:7 - And his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.

Some of the Body of Christ want to dwell on the God of Love and not the God of Judgement. God's Love is balanced with God's Judgement. Most people do not want to think about God's Judgement. We want to think about God's Love and what He will do for us. We do not want to think about what is our part of the Covenant with God and what we are supposed to do for the Lord.

This study has indicated to me that we need to have a very healthy respect and fear for God and His Holiness. We actually need to have somewhat of a fear for God so that we don't take Him and His Word lightly and casually. We should fear God in the manner indicated in the Bible. Do not take God for granted! Do you?

~Bits and Pieces of the Deliverance Manual by Gene and Earline Moody


PRAYER - Victory Over Fear

Father, when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in You. Yes, I will trust Your promises. And since I trust You, what can mere man do to me?

You have not given me a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline (sound judgment). Therefore I am not ashamed of the testimony of my Lord. I have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but I have received a spirit of adoption as a son, by which I cry out, “Abba! Father!”
Jesus, You delivered me, who through fear of death had been living all my life as a slave to constant dread. I receive the gift You left to me—peace of mind and heart! And the peace You give isn’t fragile like the peace the world gives. I cast away troubled thoughts, and I choose not to be afraid. I believe in God; I believe also in You.

Lord, You are my light and my salvation, You protect me from danger—whom shall I fear? When evil men come to destroy me, they will stumble and fall! Yes, though a mighty army marches against me, my heart shall know no fear! I am confident that You will save me.

Thank You, Holy Spirit, for bringing these things to my remembrance when I am tempted to be afraid. I will trust in my God. In the name of Jesus, I pray.

Scripture References:
Psalm 56:3-5 TLB Hebrews 2:15 TLB
2 Timothy 1:7-8 NAS John 14:1,17 TLB
Romans 8:15 NAS Psalm 27:1-3 TLB
©2013 Germaine Copeland and Word Ministries, Inc.

Print-Friendly Page

No comments: