THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Are We Feeding Our Spirit Man?

God is ready to reveal the future when we are in the Spirit

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet. (Revelation 1:10)

I have been hearing the Holy Spirit say, "Oh Be Careful Little Eyes What You See". This is a song I used to sing in Sunday School when I was young. He has done this with me before, reminding me gently through a song, that I am giving something in my life more attention then I should. Reminding me not to loose my focus on what needs to be done to advance the Kingdom of GOD.

Cleaning out files I found this article I had printed in 2009, and not sure who the author is, but his first name, Robert. The article stresses the importance on how we can easily be shifted from the good things GOD wants us receive. I would like to share it with you. -Debi Webster-

What are You Feeding Your Spirit man?

As the saying goes, GIGO, or Garbage In - Garbage Out. When we get our minds on the things of the world, we are feasting our spirit on spiritual trash. When I feast on the garbage around me (or most of what is on television), it pulls down my faith, and I become discouraged spiritually. When I feast on God's Word, and receive His promises, faith arises in my soul, and I am strengthened. There's something about the Word of God that can straighten out our thinking, and put us back on the right path.

Today I was struggling with discouragement, when the Holy Spirit spoke to me and basically said, "I am just waiting for you to receive those promises (through prophecy) that I gave you." I had gotten my mind on the cares of this world, and let these things tear me down spiritually. I began to try to work things out in my own strength, and not in God's strength. I had not been resting in the promises that He had given me, and without faith (or receiving/trusting in God's Word), it is impossible to please Him. As a matter of fact, disbelief is a form of calling God a liar. If He's given us a promise, either in His written Word or in the form of prophecy, and we act as if it didn't exist, we are insulting Him who sent us those words or promises!

The Lord may have promised us a glorious future, but it is easy to get our mind so focused on what is going on in the world around us, that we lose sight of those promises and begin to feel discouraged, disappointed, and helpless, as if God never spoke such wonderful promises to us! That is an insult to God, because we fail to trust Him to bring forth the thing(s) which He has spoken. Why do we (and all of us are guilty!) fall into this trap at times in our lives? Because we feed our spirit man on the wrong food. The saying "you are what you eat" is as true as it can get when applied to spiritual growth. If you eat spiritual trash (the bad news on the radio, the filth in today's movies, etc.), you will produce fruit accordingly in your life.

We need to turn off the filth that is on television (and other things which plant moral filth into our spirit man), and turn on to God's Word and meditate on the promises that He's given us. Watching what is on the TV nowadays is a great way to poison your faith and relationship with God. Even the negative news on the radio can be operating under a spirit that is not in sync with the spirit of God (a spirit of fear has been ramped lately in the news media!), which is why I spend very little time even listening to the news.

Faith comes by hearing (or receiving) the Word. Spend time receiving the Word of God, and your spirit man is going to grow leaps and bounds spiritually.

Blessings in Christ, Robert

No comments: