THE LORD GOD IS MY STRENGTH; HE WILL MAKE MY FEET LIKE DEER'S FEET, AND HE WILL MAKE ME WALK ON HIGH HILLS. HABAKKUK 3:19



Friday, June 25, 2010

Making Time to Read the Bible Each Day Can Strengthen Your Daily Walk With God

"When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee--God can't break his word.  And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable.  We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go."  Hebrews 6:17-18  -The Message-

I like reading short devotions of the Word that strengthen my walk each day. A friend gave me a Chronological Daily Devotional Bible which makes for a good study, that I have added to my daily reading. If there is a day I miss my bible study, I just don't function well, so I now keep a small bible in my purse. I would have to say, "I Pant after the Word of God". When I read those encouraging words, my day has more meaning and then I can flex my smile muscle more. :)-Debi Webster-

2 comments:

Susan Hollaway said...

Debi,
Amen and amen! I so agree. My days are SO MUCH BETTER when I spend time in prayer and Bible study. I pray a LOT throughout the day, but there's something about being in your prayer closet with just you and God that is special and makes a difference in my life, as well as being in God's Word.

One of my fave verses Phil 4:6-7

Congrats on the new blog. Very pretty! I'm your first follower.

Blessings, sweet sister.
Susan "Susie" Hollaway

Debi Webster Perry said...

Susan,
Yes, I agree that prayer time is one of the other great ways to be in the presence of the LORD! As I read, I will also prayer as the Holy Spirit quickens me to pray. The Living Word. There is power in it. When we speak the Word it becomes alive with the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Yes, Susie is my first follower, I'm very, very happy with this. I need to tell everyone how you and I met. Susie and I met at the Writer's Conference in Pittsburg, KS, this year. Cecil Murphey was the speaker. It was both our first conference (which was amazing). I was a Newby, Susan had been active in a Writer's Club, so she had more experience in that area than me. Actually, I felt overwhelmed, so to speak, because everyone who was there had more experience then me. But, I know that every writer has had to have had to be a "Newby" at one time or another. Anyway, I was comforted by so many other writers from my church who attended. That was great. I have had the pleasure of actually meeting a lot of writers in our area, SW Kansas. When it was over, Susan, a friend of hers, and Candice Davis, and I went to a restaurant and I got to hear Susan's personal testimony. God will use each one of us "Willing Vessels" for His purpose, Susan. God Bless You and hope to see you in person again sometime, Debi Perry